Wednesday, November 4, 2009

A very merry half-birthday to you!


Yep, it's been 6 months (and two days) since the good Lord gave us Sam. I am still in awe of this gift on a daily basis. I LOVE my little man!!! I know you other parents understand, but I feel so incredibly blessed to be his mommy.

So here are the 6-month stats: He has doubled his birth weight, weighing in at 14 lbs, 10 ozs. His length is 26.5 in. He is 7th %ile for weight but 53rd for length! He's our long, lean cuteness machine. The pediatrician felt like he was getting a few little bumps on his gums, so we may see some teeth over the next weeks or month. I didn't have teeth until I was 16 months old, so I'm glad it looks like he's not taking after his mommy on this one. We've also been given the okay for having three meals of solids a day instead of two, and we just dropped a late night feeding on Monday - down to 5! Mommy can get more sleep, too!!! The big question now is, "Will I keep breastfeeding?" The answer - I don't know. It would be easier to go to the bottle, but for some reason I'm not there yet. Sorry Thomas, it will happen eventually; I promise!

Sam's working on crawling skills, but primarily when he's in his crib. He has begun to get his knees up under him and rock a bit. He hasn't pushed up with his arms at all. I just think it's funny that with all the floor time he gets during the day, he waits for naptime or bedtime - or the middle of the night for that matter - to practice!

No comments: