Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Mischief, Mayhem, and Foolishness

My boys are just plain trouble! I can't imagine what it's going to be like when Sam crawls and walks. There have been a few funny happenings lately that I thought would be worth sharing.

Sam is now eating "Mum Mums" in his high chair. They are flat little rice cakes that he can nibble and gum on. Often he'll let it slip out of his hand and it will end up down in his lap under the high chair tray or stuck in the pocket of his bib. The other day, I noticed that once again, his mum mum had disappeared. I removed the tray and looked in all the usual places. No mum mum. Now, I KNOW he did not eat the thing THAT fast. What did he do with it? Suddenly, it came to me. Tyson, who is usually like my shadow, was nowhere to be found. Oh Tyson, here boy. Notice the cute little picture of Tyson below. See that cigar-like projection in his mouth? Yep, mum mum. He now prowls below Sam when ever he is eating. So far, he's netted 2 mum mums. Smart dog.

MISCHIEF

Now that Sam sits up and plays some on his own, I will occasionally sit him down with some toys in his room and step out for a minute or two to move a load of laundry or see if I have any emails, etc. On the day in question, I did just that. I eventually heard Sam giggling and sqealing to himself. When I walked back into his room, what did I discover? Sam had rolled across the room to the toy basket, turned it over, and was digging through the toys with glee. Kodak moment below.

MAYHEM

On Sunday I made a meal to take to Thomas's cousin who has a newborn. I was spending a lot of time in the kitchen, and when Sam woke up from a nap, Thomas offered to go get him. I thought he'd bring him downstairs and put him in the exersaucer with me in the kitchen. After listening to some sweet moments of waking up and diaper change between Dad and son through the monitor, all went quiet. When I got a moment to step away from the stove, I headed upstairs to check it out. I heard the vroom of race cars in the bonus room. I stepped inside the half-finished "man cave" and found my son intently watching the TV as his Daddy played Forza III (a car racing game) on the Xbox. Boys will be boys, and it starts early!

FOOLISHNESS

No comments: