Thursday, February 19, 2009

What a difference 15 weeks makes!

By request, it is time for a quick update on me. I haven't taken many "belly pics," but here's a good comparison for you: 13 wks vs. 28 wks. This little one is definitely growing! I still feel pretty good, although I'm getting tired faster again.
We just got word that the nursery furniture is in, so I'm frantically working on the walls in Sam's room. I've finally got the old border down and hope to have paint up by the end of the weekend. Here's a picture of the bedding from a store website. I'll post pictures of Sam's room when there is something to see. Don't you think the antique race cars are perfect for Thomas's son? Mom will be making a bedskirt out of a fun striped fabric we found instead of using the one that came with the set. I can't wait until everything is in place and I can sit in the nursery to relax and think about what it will be like when Samuel arrives!
Thomas said the sweetest thing last night while we were relaxing on the sofa. He had been talking to one of the guys at work who has a six-year-old son and came to the conclusion that he thinks Samuel will be the best thing we've ever done and he can't wait until he's here. I agree, whole-heartedly. . .except that I hope we can wait about 10 more weeks because I'm not ready and neither is Sam! Regardless, we're getting pretty excited and nervous about this incredible blessing.
We're looking forward to another ultrasound this Monday to check on our little guy's growth. Hopefully he'll turn around and smile for the camera; he tends to turn away and put his arm over his face! If we get a good pic, I'll post one so you can see how he's grown. He should be roughly 3 lbs. and almost 16 in. by now. Thanks for checking in on us.


No comments: