I have just read the blog of a mom I met this summer at Kindermusik. She is a fourth grade teacher in addition to the mom of a toddler. She posted a touching message about how difficult it is to leave her little girl after having had so much wonderful time with her during a break from school. She assured the reader that she loves her job, but struggles to leave her little one each time as if it is the first time.
I started thinking about what a tremendous blessing it is to be able to stay at home with Sam. There are wonderful days and difficult days, but I wouldn't trade a single one. I am so thankful to all who help make it possible for me to do this, especially my wonderful Thomas. While I may not have the chance to sleep in on Saturdays like he does, I am not the one who gets up every day to go into a job where I am underappreciated, undercompensated, and sometimes mistreated to make sure my family is provided for. I cannot express how thankful I am and how much I respect him for making this sacrifice. I know there are other wonderful dads out there who do it too, but Thomas is the one who does it for Sam and me.
I am tremendously blessed that I don't have to miss a single milestone during these precious years. We have played and read together, we have danced and sung at home and at Kindermusik, we have taken swimming lessons and have swum at GranMary and Granddaddy's house, we have run errands together, and on and on. Yes, I am looking forward to having a little time away when Sam starts preschool two days a week this fall, but I am also looking forward to picking him up from preschool, hearing all that he has done and learned, and still having the afternoon with him. I have the best job in the world, and it is only by the grace of God and my family that I can do it full-time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment