Sunday, August 2, 2009

3 Months Old!



Sam hit the 3 month mark today! We pulled out the Bumbo seat, and as you can see, he quite enjoys it. Also, thanks to the Williams boys for the cute hand-me-down outfit. It is so adorable!

In Sam's third month, we have made two road trips to Charlotte. The first one, with my sister and niece, went very smoothly - Sam was great in the car and while we were in Charlotte. We got to introduce him to his great-grandmother before she passed away. The second trip, with just our little family, he was a mess. Since we were there for my grandmother's funeral, we couldn't really follow his normal schedule at all. This, in turn, made him overtired and fussy. He didn't even sleep well at night. Once we finally hit the road home, we thought he'd sleep most of the way. Well, he did for the first couple of hours, but after that it was back to fussing. I thought maybe he was hitting a fussy stage in general, but thankfully, as soon as we were back home and in our routine, my happy little guy returned. We're a little wary of planning the next adventure.

We finally got out to church again today, after not having been since Sam was 2 weeks old. Next time we'll have to make use of the nursery so both Thomas and I can take part in worship. Unfortunately, as well as Sam sleeps at home, he won't sleep when we're out and about. There are just too many things to catch his attention. Running errands or going on outings inevitably means we just sacrifice a nap. I guess I should be thankful he is so interested in the world around him, but it would be nice if I could use nap time to get things done without cutting into his sleep.