So, here it is, our first blog. While I don't imagine I'll become an avid blogger, I thought now that we have a baby on the way, it would be a good time to establish a place to let everyone know what is going on with our little family. Actually, I was inspired by our cousin Haven and her husband Brett who have started blogging to chronical their journey as they build their dream house. If building a house is a good reason to blog, I guess building a family is, too!
Yes, in case you didn't know, we are expecting our first little one on May 1st. We couldn't be more excited, as we have been waiting a while for this. We are pretty sure the baby is a boy, but the doctor has only given us 75-80% certainty at this point. I have another ultrasound on Wednesday, Dec. 10th, so hopefully we'll be able to confirm our suspicions then. Meanwhile, we just pray for a healthy baby.
As for the general update on Thomas and me, Thomas is a Master Guild Audi tech at Harper Porsche and Audi, and I'm teaching voice lessons at home a couple of days a week. I'm really thankful I have a husband who supports me being at home because being away from the full-time classroom/stage has made a world of difference in my stress level! It has been a huge blessing to slow down and focus on our families and friends a little more. It has also made pregnancy much nicer, as when I have low-energy days, I can actually take it easy.
Thomas is having fun decorating his "man cave" in preparation for our office becoming the nursery. Our currently unused bonus room will be two-thirds media room/office/man cave and one-third playroom. We purchased some furniture from Ikea, but we're getting some nice pieces at Bliss Home, too. We've also bought our first pieces of "real" art: two oils of whimsical but contemporary blackbirds by a local artist. I think Thomas is most excited about this purchase, although the furniture is really nice, too. Now if we can just settle on carpet and paint, we'll be set. Oh, wait, then there's the nursery. I guess I have some work to do!
I guess that should catch everyone up for now. Hopefully I'll be good about posting from time to time as we have news. I'm really going to try!
Yes, in case you didn't know, we are expecting our first little one on May 1st. We couldn't be more excited, as we have been waiting a while for this. We are pretty sure the baby is a boy, but the doctor has only given us 75-80% certainty at this point. I have another ultrasound on Wednesday, Dec. 10th, so hopefully we'll be able to confirm our suspicions then. Meanwhile, we just pray for a healthy baby.
As for the general update on Thomas and me, Thomas is a Master Guild Audi tech at Harper Porsche and Audi, and I'm teaching voice lessons at home a couple of days a week. I'm really thankful I have a husband who supports me being at home because being away from the full-time classroom/stage has made a world of difference in my stress level! It has been a huge blessing to slow down and focus on our families and friends a little more. It has also made pregnancy much nicer, as when I have low-energy days, I can actually take it easy.
Thomas is having fun decorating his "man cave" in preparation for our office becoming the nursery. Our currently unused bonus room will be two-thirds media room/office/man cave and one-third playroom. We purchased some furniture from Ikea, but we're getting some nice pieces at Bliss Home, too. We've also bought our first pieces of "real" art: two oils of whimsical but contemporary blackbirds by a local artist. I think Thomas is most excited about this purchase, although the furniture is really nice, too. Now if we can just settle on carpet and paint, we'll be set. Oh, wait, then there's the nursery. I guess I have some work to do!
I guess that should catch everyone up for now. Hopefully I'll be good about posting from time to time as we have news. I'm really going to try!
.jpg)
2 comments:
Love it. A baby boy- SO exciting. I want to see the art!
I sure will enjoy your blog, sister. Great way to pass along photos, too. God bless Baby Herrick!
Post a Comment